So as usual there are rules, as someone that pretty much hates rules and regulations due to their constant tyranny against the good things in life. Never have I seen a rule that is beneficial to the good people of bloggersville, never have I seen a rule that all must have a free coffee to start the day, never have I seen a rule that allows all hardworking bloggers be given a free meal of their choice each day! Such oppressive rules that I do see are those of you must answer all questions! Thou shall spread this post around with no reward to those who participate!!!
Now my coffee has run out I will obey, to these laws, no longer do I have the strength of caffeine behind my words. Here are the rules –
- Thank the Nominator
- Answer 20 questions
- Nominate two bloggers of your choice and notify them
- Delete two of the questions in the list between 1 – 19 and insert two of your own.
So lets begin.
1. Your Favourite Colour
My favourite colour is quite simple, it isn’t pink or hot pink. It is the colour of the grass, the leaves, kermit the frog, the wrapping around Milo tins. Green. From a young age I have always loved green, and what better way to live than under the green and gold colours of my country.
2. If you could have one superhero power what would it be?
The ability to turn back time, whether by a split second or by years. The ability to change something said or done and change the path of the future. Sure the butterfly affect and Flash, and others alike have their theories of the time continuum, but in my way it wouldn’t have the dramatic effects that they displayed within their movies, books and comics.
3. If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and what question would you like to ask them?
Damn it!! Do you know how many fictional characters I have wanted to walk besides, to join in with the gang, the group, the posse.
The Person I will say this time would be Nicholas Linnear From the Ninja series by Eric Van Lustbader. If you have not read these books you need to Lustbader is beyond amazing as an author and it is beyond a doubt why he was asked to take over the Jason Bourne series.
My question to him without giving away spoilers.
Knowing the end result would you do all that you did again? Or would you change the way you dealt with your losses?
4. What is the one thing you wish you were great at?
Writing. Pure and simple, I wish I possessed the greatness to gain me full-time work or even get taken under the wings of a mentor – Stephen King (I am reading On Writing at this moment and all I can say is OMG) Lustbader, R.L. Stine etc
I know vocabulary doesn’t matter too much within writing, if you can express your views across in a certain way, and although my vocabulary isn’t used here much, it is because I don’t use big words in my everyday life, I don’t want to sound smarter than those around me when all it does is confuse people. So in all I wish I could be great at writing but in the meantime I guess I can settle for mediocre, if that.
5. What is your spirit animal
I have to say that my spirit animal is just like Ang4Him. A horse. I love horses and would love to own my own one day. I have had my fair share of experiences with horses and ponies, from being on a Shetland when my younger brother touched it and a electric fence at the same time, to being thrown off many, to having a favoured horse sneeze all over my head, what a great day that was. To being a blubbering mess when the horse had to be put down due to a severe cut to its leg (racehorse). I used to love hearing the horses up against my bedroom window in the mornings, and miss being able to just walk up to them and give them a massive cuddle. Oh what I would do to go back to those days.
6. List 3 things you would like to be remembered for
- My sense of adventure, I have sat on the edge of cliffs even with an american beauty. I have raced through rainforests on foot and by bike. I have walked along railway tracks in country towns where trains can come at no notice. I have surfed waves bigger than two storey buildings, and explored caves both in water and above. I have sat under and on waterfalls, and slept under the stars in the middle of nowhere. Even with my failing fitness I still crave more adventures
- My ability to be unpredictable/spontaneous. Most of the time I am predictable, from the same kind of foods at take out joints to the way I plan trips, but every now and again if time calls for it I can change everything, just like the other night on the way home from our trip, my wife wasn’t expecting fresh made donuts from a van in the beautiful coastal town of Berry off of the highway or a beautiful meal in a fine dining restaurant that none of us were dressed for.
- Always wanting to learn and improve myself. One thing my mother hates is that I have all these debts from constant studying, I can’t seem to stop, I want to continue learning, whether it is a career choice or personal development. I want to be remembered as someone that wanted to keep being a student of life.
7. What do you think people misunderstand about you?
I am very blunt, especially in person. I have little to no empathy, built up from my upbringing. But people think that I am being mean, or constantly belittling others or even not caring. Putting myself first.
It isn’t true, I like to joke around, but my words can be mistaken for harshness instead of as a soft play on a serious situation, I prefer not to get into serious conversations I would rather lighten a mood. Not because I am not serious, but I have learned time and time again that everyone has a way of feeling that THEIR life and THEIR pain or drama out ranks others. I am not saying there are people out there that are not like that, but I’m not gonna sugar a situation for you to go on about something that isn’t that big of a deal.
How do I mean, I will give you a few things. I have been accused of being someone that would only help someone else if there is self gain involved. It isn’t correct, I will go out of my way for anyone, and that has backfired, but at the same time, if I don’t feel like doing something that day, whether because of mental health, health issues or I am busy I get accused of this.
I could go on but I wont.
8. Your main strength?
My main strength is that I am very observant. I will watch everything, tells, lies, people walking around. I constantly keep an eye on my surrounding, hence why if you are talking to me you will see me look at you then others then back at you then my coffee/drink. It isn’t cause I am rude and won’t just focus solely on you, but because I want to be aware of what is going on around me.
9. What passions do you have?
Reading, writing, surfing (now from a couch) learning something. Movies and shows. I would like to say that being a father is, but damn that shit is hard.
10. If you could go back in time and change one thing in history, what would it be?
I would like to go back to the days of Hitler and say to him you have the right ideas. Change a few things here and there and I reckon the regime he was running would have been better than the trap we are all in today. Communism vs Capitalism really which one is worse. Also looking back at all the leaders and well
11. 5 weird things you like?
Five weird things? What classifies as being weird? And to whoms eye is it weird?
- Shows about death – 1000 ways to die, curious and unusual deaths. When I was younger I would actually look at real pictures of suicide victims. So death has to be weird right?
- I don’t clean in one go, I will start then get distracted. Make more mess in another room then clean more in the first room.
- I do weird things, I will scream for no reason, I have this high pitch hiccup noise and I act weird, I will start dancing to a song in my head
- I can stare at you at not say anything just to creep you out lol
- I will complain that I don’t want something to do/eat and get everyone frustrated till they change their minds and then I will say lets eat/or do the thing I had just complained about.
12. How important is education?
This is weird, but it is important but it isn’t at the same time. See the structure provided within our schools do not teach you about life after school. The use of algebra or Pi nor that of whatever we did in science was useful outside of school life. So on that hand it isn’t important unless they change the learning curriculum, also further education after school is a trap. From degrees that could be paid off in a summer job back when my parents were young to debts that are with you for life nowadays as well as a piece of paper that doesn’t mean that you can actually find a job in that field without 5 years experience for a grad job.
But on the other hand education is the only way to progress within today’s society, whether it is training on the job etc. Everything needs to be changed so we can use education for what it is designed to do….. Teach not imprison.
13. Your favourite childhood book?
I don’t have a favourite! Whether it was the Famous Five by Enid Blyton, to The Magician by Raymond E Feist. Maybe it was the Goosebump series by R.L Stine. I loved the escape they all provided.
14. If you could invent one item – what would it be?
The one thing that I would invent would be a button. Just like those big red fire alarms, just a button. Why would I want to invent that? Well because it isn’t the button that I am inventing it would be what the button does when you press it. See this button will take what you say and do it instantly. Want to clean the house? Say I want a clean house and press the button, instantaneously the house would be clean. Want your dinner cooked for you? Say it, and press that button. Who needs a genie offering 3 wishes when you can have this button.
15. Your hidden talent?
My hidden talent is that if you tell me I can’t do something I somehow manage to prove you wrong.
16. An image that makes me happy?
photos of my children, seeing my babies smiling and happy, having fun. I love it. Have them scream and squeal around the house whilst having fun makes me want to scream shut the fuck up. But I can’t my princess is already saying for fuck sake but saying fuck wrong haha. I do tend to swear a lot. Especially if I am trying to write and those brats are doing things I can’t – run around the house without dying. Oh and seeing pictures of my wife when she actually looks good in a photo or when she is happy. I ❤ her.
17. Bullet point your day so far.
- Get woken up – 7ish
- go back to sleep
- wake up again around 8.30
- get out of bed
- check phone hoping for a million followers on instagram or wordpress (My instagram is Stubborn Australian follow me!!)
- design plots for a new series I am soon to be starting here I write fantasy (well not that you guys know about it yet) but have been thinking of doing a series of short stories a novella of sorts in thriller/crime anyone interested?
- Come online to check my emails and find myself getting caught into this
- put on a load of the childrens clothes and hang them up
- put a load of dishes in the dishwasher
- put on the kettle
- Discover that in this blog that is named 20 questions that there are two missing questions and the twentieth isn’t a question more a nomination. Wonder why I am so observant.
- Recieve a phone call saying my wifes car is ready
- lock up the house grab my copy of On Writing and walk 1 hr whilst reading, also taking notes on people walking by to use in my upcoming series
- pick up car and come home
- continue this whilst listeing to Europe, Spandau Ballet, Smashing Pumpkins and more
18. Place you would most like to holiday in?
Europe, mostly Germany I have had a fascination with Germany since primary school. The thought of Oktoberfest and riding a bike around is awesome.
19. Most embarrassing moment?
Ang is this it? Is this the one you didn’t want me to skip!!! Ughh! The reason why this is one I want to skip is I have already said some funny ones before but if we are talking about the most embarrassing one. It would be the day I became so sick I had to be carried to the doctors by some friends, it wasn’t that long ago 2 yrs ago I think, but I had no energy, barely functioning or staying conscious and when I got to the hospital (in the end) I had no control over any other functions. So it isn’t a proud moment, nor is it an uncommon one. But it is one usually best kept quiet about. I got better after a few hours or more in the hospital but yeah. that is my most embarrassing moment.
20. The Two Bloggers you nominate?
The reason I am choosing these two, one because I would like to get to know him better but I don’t think he will do this, it would go against his blog in terms of its content. The other is I believe there is someone deep behind these quirky poems and I would like to know more.
You both have a choice to remove 2 questions of your choosing and replace them with these 2 questions. Best of luck.
- What is the hardest thing/battle/illness you have ever had to face in your life, and how have you gotten through it?
- If you had only 1 day left to live what is it that you would do with that day?
Thanks for reading
Till next time, Keep smiling
The Stubborn Australian